Sunday, March 8, 2009

helena court bliss

I've had some of the best couple of days this week/weekend. And I did absolutely nothing. It was perfect in every way. And I have so much to look forward to. Life is beautiful.

Sunday night we went to the Best Ugly for some cocktails and live jazz music. It was so chill and relaxing. It reminded us that we don't have to get absolutely crazy and spend all our money and dance to techno until our legs fall off. Very nice change.

Turned in my first big paper this week so we'll see how I do. The grading system here is crazy... should be interesting.

Wednesday was another karaoke night at Dizzy's.. love that place. Some highlight's: some U2 action dedicated to Will since it was his birthday, a very sexual "Summer Lovin" rendition where Katelyn and Alec stole the show, etc etc... We ended the night by dancing on tables and singing "Born in the USA." Needless to say, very embarrassing given the fact that the South Africans probably thought we were really obnoxious. I would have. But it was fine because our group alone practically took over the entire bar. Power in numbers haha.. Gotta love Dizzy's.

I'm proud to say that I didn't go to the bars at all this weekend. Both Friday and Saturday night consisted of sitting in the courtyard in front of our apartment building with candles lit and delicious food. Drinking wine and pondering life things... very good conversation and very good company. We were all very at peace with the world.

Today Katelyn, Claire, and I hopped on a train to a town called Kalk Bay. We'd never been there before but I fell in love. Our life goal as of today: buy a house on the beach in Kalk Bay and open up a used book store/coffee shop and hang out with all the wonderful people and live happily ever after. Sounds perfect. Plus the shopping is fantastic. I had to physically restrain myself from buying things.. not good.

It's kind of windy and cold today.. it's weird. But a welcome relief from the hot weather we've been having this past week. 99 degrees... really? Brutal. I guess it's better than snow. Wellll, I might curl up with a book. Sounds so much better than reading for school doesn't it? I thought so. I would like to say that I adore everyone at home and miss them dearly! Peace, love, and intellectual exploration.

Love,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment