Friday, February 6, 2009

silly season coming to a close...

Hola amigos. We actually started to have some minor responsibilities this week. One more week left of silly season, then it's time to start school. anyway, I registered for classes yesterday. Multiple hot sweaty lines and one ugly ID picture later, I am officially a student at the University of Cape Town! Exciting huh. I'm registered for Environmental History, Intro. to Earth and Environmental Science, and Comparative Politics (should be a sweet class).

It's been soooo hot these last couple of days. February is the hottest month of the year here since we're in the middle of summer. I daresay that being at the beach yesterday was more uncomfortable then enjoyable. But who am I to complain... I mean, really..

Since school doesn't start until Friday (weird that they start on a Friday), a lot of people are taking trips this week since we have nothing going on. Safaris, 4-wheeling in the deserts of Namibia, and of course the Garden Route. The Garden Route is a popular thing for tourists to do when they come here. You rent a car and there are hundreds of miles of coastal roadway to drive with various things along the way to stop off and do. So I'm doing that with about 9 other people. We're renting two cars, staying in various hostels, and basically doing whatever we feel like. It's one of those get in the cars and drive things where you're not entirely sure what lies ahead. It's kind of exciting. Maybe I'll go cage diving this week, who knows. :)

So I'll be back Wednesday or Thursday. Peace, love, and spontaneous road trips.

Love,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment